Monday, April 02, 2007

Ko Phi Phi--Thailand

I can't think of a word to describe the beauty of Phi Phi Island. Despite the fact that signatures of the devastating tsunami can still be seen on the island, it was the most enjoyable journey of my trip. I took off my shirt and lay on a beach without thinking too much about the marks on my body from chiken pox that made me look like a mosquito buffet. The bright sunshine may intimidate some tourists from getting closer to the overheated white sandy beach and yet the blue tone with different levels of greenish hues from the water allure topless girls and handsome men to show their bodies blatantly. It's never too much to spend your time on such visual feasts.

Around 15:00 when most boats that commute between Krabi and Phuket have sailed, the peaceful water on Ao Lo Dalam and Ao Ton Sai make kayaking a great alternative to spending your time on the island. I rented a kayak and paddled out on the bay to catch the moment of sunset. The gold colored water was calm and the only disturbance was the shimmering silver of groups of flying fish jumping out to the surface before flying away.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Such beautiful photos!! I wish I am there right now!